Saturday, February 21, 2015

FOTD: Lunar New Year - My Year!

So ready for this year to be on the up and up!  Had to wear red on Thursday to bring in the good luck! I made the mistake of washing my hair though.  Doh!  I hope I didn't wash any of the good juju.  I was able to try out some of my new February Ipsy Glam Bag goodies. :)



-Emite Make Up Professional Eye Lash Curler: This came with 3 extra pads!  I liked how this curler was longer than my Kevyn Aucoin and it had good weight to it.  The shape is very similar to my Aucoin and curled my lashes nicely.  

-City Color Creamy Lipstain in Flirtini:  This lipstain felt light and creamy when applying.  Had full matte coverage and left my lips lightly stained after this wore off when I ate and drank.  Not that great of lasting power, but this is a comfortable matte lippy that didn't leave my lips feeling really dry.  Curious to check out the other 5 colors and may look into purchasing in the future.

-ModelCo Blush Cheek Powder in Cosmopolitan: I knew this was going to have great color payout when I swatched.  The little bit that I dabbed with my brush was more than enough and had to diffuse it with the blush brush.  Came out super bright, maybe a little too bright, and will need to have a lighter hand next time.  As far as wear, this was still pretty vibrant at the end of the day.

Eva NYC Up All Night Volumizing Spray:  While this smelled nice, I didn't have much hold to my hair.  I'm thinking I didn't use enough of it and will try this again after curling my hair.  It smelled really nice!  It did fade to a lighter scent after awhile, which is good because I can't stand my hair smelling too heavily of hairspray.  

On another note, my brows are not in the best shape.  :(  I got them waxed recently and I told the technician to just clean it up.  She trimmed them too short and waxed them too thin.  Grrr.  Even when I fill it in, there are still gaps that don't look right.  Just when they start filling in pretty nicely after another incident a few years ago when I got them threaded, now its back to being thin.  Halp!

No comments: