Monday, January 26, 2015

Yoga Mat Cleaner & How To Roll Your Mat

As much of a germaphobe as I am, my yoga mat gets neglected.  After hot yoga, roll it up and put it in my car.  Gross.  I know, I know.  Well, I found a natural recipe on Pinterest and finally gave my mat a cleaning.  Clean My Space's recipe was easy and had the best natural cleaner, vinegar!  Tea Tree oil has antibacterial properties.  Also, I now clean all my towels with a cup of vinegar added in the wash.  Germ free!  You can also use this solution for a wash too.  Watch the video!  Her cats interrupting are hilarious. 
 Rolled out in the kitchen.  I did clean the floor underneath after!

3/4 Water
1/4 Distilled White Vinegar
10 drops of Tea Tree Oil


Now on to how to fold your mat to keep it a little less germy.   When you just roll it from the end up, you're wrapping the dirty side on to the side you practice on.  Gross.

 Fold it in half
Then roll it up.  That way the clean side is touching the clean side and not the one touching the floor.  

No comments: