Friday, January 2, 2015

Milani Bella Eyes Gel Powder Eyeshadow

I never did do a full review on these eyeshadows that I picked up when I was in DC!  I have used each of these a few times and here's my first impression.



I was hoping these would really have a gel consistency like the Colour Pop Cosmetics eyeshadows, but they were not.  While these do have a softer consistency and texture, I was not fully impressed with the color pay off of these.
The swatches on the left were done with a sponge tip applicator and the ones on the right were done with my fingertip.  The fingertip swatches have more opacity, but not by much.  Bella Chiffon I use on the inner corner of my eye or as a brow highlight.  Bella Cappuccino I sweep in my crease for a very natural look.

Cost: $3.99 @ CVS (you can find these at Walgreen's and Rite Aid as well)

Pros:
-Decent color pay off when applied with fingers

Cons:
-Too light of color pay off when applied with a brush

Would I recommend these to a friend?  Nope.  Skip out on these and head to Colour Pop for some gel shadows that perform well and are a good deal.

No comments: