Monday, December 29, 2014

Bella Beauty Beaded Curling Wand & Game Day Hair

Curling wand obsessed these last few months.  I bought a tapered one, which I still need to master.  Next was a large barrel and then this beaded one that I found at TJ Maxx on clearance for $12.  Score!  I had been eyeing a bubble wand, but didn't want to drop a lot of money on an appliance I wouldn't use very often.  This wand makes my hair BIG.  I love it, but it does take some time styling as well as some time for the waves to relax.




Standard on/off switch
Looks sorta like... :D  Haha!  
The heat protection glove is not the best quality. I use another glove & kept this in the box.
 On to the Game Day Hair!  Sunday, Game Day.  I wish I was going to the SEAvsSTL game, but was actually headed out to a couple gatherings.  Still casual and repped my gear!

 For heat protection, I apply Alterna's Caviar CC Cream throughout my hair and lightly spray Paul Mitchell's Stay Strong hair spray.
I just shake my hair out and see where it parts and that's it for the day.  Besides, I was going to wear a beanie anyway!
Like my snowflake jammies?  Those are from college, circa 1998!  Can't get rid of these fleecy pajamas!
Start off  with the bottom half of my hair and clip the the top.  I don't know how people can curl without separating, that's some skill!
My preference is to wrap away from my face.  I hold the wand with the opposite hand pointing downward and then curl with the same side hand.
After letting it set on the wand for about 10-15 seconds, I unwrap and let the tendril settle.  Before moving to to the top layers, I spray the bottom layer again to lock in the curl.
 After both sections are done, I run more CC cream through and then spray more hairspray and run my fingers through to separate the waves.
Ready to go!  Jersey, check! Beanie, check!  I did a quick face with MAC StudioFix, It Cosmetics Limited Edition Holiday Naturally Pretty Celebration Matte Palette (becoming my go-to lately!), Anastasia Brow Wiz, Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush, Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Bronzer and Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Mascara.

Congrats to the Seahawks!  #1 Seed, NFC West Champions 2 years in a row baybee!  I missed out on watching this game and had to listen on the radio+keep refreshing the Seahawks app and my Twitter feed for score and commentary.  LOL!  I hope my Bruver-In-Law recorded this game so I can watch it!

No comments: