Saturday, November 22, 2014

Kiss Me Organics - Organic Matcha Green Tea Powder


Advertorial

Are you addicted to coffee?  I find myself drinking coffee for taste and for that caffeinated kick that we all love.  I don't drink it often, but I have wanted to try options that would give me the energy I am looking for since I'm not a morning person at all.

I had the opportunity to try out Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Matcha.  This is an organic powder that can be blended into drinks and added to other recipes including baked goods and even main dish recipes.  This is my first impression of this product and I am hoping to have it featured in other cooking posts.  





The warning that this matcha was fresh and had a STRONG aroma was right.  I took a big whiff as soon as I opened the bag and was kinda freaked out.  I know some green teas have a strong smell, but I was sort of scared to drink this.  LOL!  With this order, you also get a recipe book, including the recipe for the KissMe Matcha Green Tea Latte.

Ingredients
1 tsp. Matcha powder
¾ cup almond milk (or soy or cow or goat milk)
¼ cup boiling water
1 tsp. agave syrup

Instructions
1. Place matcha in the bottom of a coffee mug or other heat-proof cup.
2. Bring almond milk to a simmer in a small pot.
3. Whisk boiling water slowly with the matcha powder in the mug, then pour in almond milk.
Tip the cup to up the foam factor.
4. Sweeten with agave syrup if desired.

Makes 1 latte.


I didn't have a small whisk and had to use a large one.  LOL!  I didn't get the nice frothy results that you would if you used the correct type, but it sort of worked.

I did use honey instead of agave syrup, but it was still a bit tart for my tastes, so I added a bit of organic sugar.  Next time, I will probably use sweetened almond milk instead and follow up with a little bit of honey.

What the website says:
  • ALL DAY ENERGY & FOCUS: Lift your vitality and concentration with the slow release natural energy from Organic Matcha
  • CALORIE BURNING BOOSTER: Support your weight loss goals with an all-natural way to increase your body's metabolism
  • LATTES | SMOOTHIES | BAKING: Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder arrives in an easy-to-use airtight health grade packaging allowing for as much or as little use as you need for any occasion. Enjoy a relaxing latte in the morning, bake a dozen cupcakes or simply add a small boost to your morning smoothie
  • 137x ANTIOXIDANTS OF BREWED GREEN TEA: USDA Organic Matcha Green Tea can only be used in a powdered form because, unlike brewed green tea, it contains the entire tea leaf which dramatically increases the nutritional content.
  • LIFETIME GUARANTEE | We offer 110% MoneyBack guarantee if for some reason you are not satisfied with our Organic Matcha.

Cost: $25.00 on Amazon

Pros:
-Organic
-Gives you that boost!
-Rich flavor - for those that like matcha!

Cons:
-STRONG taste.  If you have not had a matcha before, you may not like it.
-Expensive

Would I recommend this to a friend?  Yes and No.  No because of the price.  $25.00 is a bit much to be spending on 4 oz of matcha powder, but yes because it is an organic grade.  You could potentially find a less expensive brand, but would you be getting the same quality?  Hard to say.  Since you only need a small amount of matcha for the recipes, most requiring only 1-2 teaspoons, this bag should last you awhile.  

I am looking forward to trying out other recipes, including a main dish.  I want to see if the taste of the matcha will overpower or not.  Would also like to test this out baking and maybe whip up a batch of cookies.  I will have other posts on cooking adventures with Kiss Me Organics Matcha Green Tea Powder in the near future!

#tomoson

This product was obtained through Tomoson.  I have not been monetarily compensated for this item.  My write up of this product reflects my own opinion after a trial period and have provided an honest review. I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments: