Saturday, August 16, 2014

The Honest Co - Honest Sunscreen Stick

Sunscreen - an essential that I cannot live without and something I need to be in the habit of utilizing more often.  I do apply sunscreen on my face in the AM, but that's it.  Unless I'm at the pool or beach, I don't reapply.  My daily moisturizer doesn't hold up well to heat and sweat and it will end up running into my eyes during a run.  I tested The Honest Co. Honest Sunscreen Stick before a run in the hot August heat.  I had tried The Honest Co. Sunscreen SPF 30, but did not like the way it felt on my skin.  It felt like I was rubbing grease and looked exactly that, greasy.  I did give it to my Sissy to use on my Nephew during soccer, so that might fare well.  


One swipe on the forehead, each cheek, chin and nose. I also applied on my neck and ears.

What the website says:
  • Natural, unscented, broad-spectrum SPF 30 mineral sunscreen - everything you need, nothing you don't!
  • Non-whitening, non-nano zinc provides safe sun protection for the whole family
  • Easy to apply to faces, ears, and noses - great for kids (big and small!), sports, school, daily sun protection, and outdoor fun
  • Small travel size perfect for diaper bags, backpacks and activities on-the-go
  • Lightweight, non-greasy, natural formula perfect for babies and sensitive skin
  • NO synthetic chemical sunscreens
  • Water resistant (80 minutes)
  • All Natural, Pediatrician Tested, Hypoallergenic, pH Balanced, Non-Whitening, Plan and Mineral Based, Long Lasting, Non-Greasy, Contains Organic Ingredients
  • Free of PABA, phthalates, synthetic chemical sunscreens, fragrances, parabens, dyes & most common allergens

What was the rating on Think Dirty? This product was not found in the database.  Other options from Think Dirty for an SPF 30 sunscreen stick that scored well were California Baby Super Sensitive Sunscreen Stick and Burt's Bees Baby Bee Natural Sun Care Sunscreen Stick both which can be found at Target.

Pros:  -Portable stick
          -Easy to apply
          -Does not give a whitish cast once   blended in

Cons: -Expensive
          -Small amount for cost, only 0.5 oz

Cost: $9.95

Would I recommend this to a friend?  If you are already an Honest subscriber, add this to your bundle!  You can save a few dollars if you do.  Otherwise, no I would not suggest this item.  While this is a safer option, it isn't as obtainable to everyone and the price is a bit steep for a small amount.  As noted above, the Burt's Bees and California Baby sunscreen sticks can be found at Target and may be a more convenient option.

No comments: