Friday, August 15, 2014

FOTD: Using New Sonia Kashuk Brushes and Revisiting MAC's Patternmaker Warm Palette

I have been digging in to my make up collection for inspiration and finding new love in what I have in my collection already.  Definitely have enough make up, always inspired by new items and what other bloggers/vloggers review, but I want to curb my consumerism. All of my make up collection is spread out and I will need to do some purging and tossing once I get everything in one spot.

Love how soft the Sonia Kashuk brushes are!  They're also really purrrrrty and look nicely in the Sonia Kashuk Gold Standard Vanity Cup, both have gold accents.  That Hello Kitty mirror has been a part of my makeup routine for the last 7 years.  I picked it up in Canada for $1 CAN on Robson.  Deals!
The essentials for almost everyday.  Keeping the daily face simple, using my MAC Patternmaker Warm palette and trying out my new Sonia Kashuk brushes. 
Face:
Julep Blank Canvas Mattifying Primer
Maybelline Fit Me! in 240 Golden Beige
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Medium/Matte Bronzer
MAC Fleur Power Blush
Eyes:
Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in Sin
MAC Shroom Eyeshadow
MAC Unsquare Eyeshadow
MAC Browshader Maple/Soft Charcoal
Physician's Formula Organic Wear Fake Out Mascara in Ultra Black
Lips:
Maybelline Baby Lips Electro Lip Balm in Strike A Rose

Prime, prime, prime!  For lasting make up having that base layer.  I'll be trying out a few other products to set my make up.  The end of summer heat has me shiny mid-day, especially if I'm running around.

MAC Shroom
MAC Unsquare

 Using the small shadow brush, I applied Shroom all over the lid, then used the crease brush with Unsquare.


The fave MAC Browshader.  I'll be sad when this is done.  :(  Its the perfect shade and Maple is the softest highlighter that adds just the right sheen.  MAC, please bring this combination back!

Fluffy powder brush
Angled multipurpose brush
The brush applied the bronzer pretty dark. I followed up with the powder brush to diffuse.

Blusher softly applies the Fleur Power
Lastly, putting on a lippy!

No comments: