Friday, July 18, 2014

Unboxing: July Ipsy Glam Bag - Sensationally Sunkissed

It was really hard to NOT peek at the contents of my Glam Bag in my Glam Room, but I held off!  I saw all the comments on the thread and was excited to see what folks have received and also see the whole product list of what was offered this month.  I'm always buying small cosmetic bags.  I'm a bag lady and put smaller bags in my larger purses to keep organized, so the hot pink scalloped bag will definitely be put to use.  Overall, I'm very pleased with what was received and am looking forward to my monthly Glam Bags!

Here's what I got:
  • Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Renewal Beach Spray 1.7 fl. oz
Has a beachy scent, like sunscreen.  I am a fan of beach sprays to texturize and create waves in my hair.  I like how this was shipped in its own zip sealed bag in case there may have been leakage during transit.


  • Hang Ten Dark Tanning Oil Natural Sunscreen SPF 8 Protection 1 fl. oz.
I like tanning outdoors and napping in the sun.  My sun habits have gotten better throughout the years, but still not a great habit.  I take precaution and layer sunscreen with oils/bronzers.  What's good about this oil is there is an SPF 8, not enough to use on its own to provide protection, so I will be layering this along with another sunscreen.  I haven't seen this brand in-store in WA.  If I do like this product, I'll look on Amazon for purchase.  What is also good, is the description shows what this is without: oxybenzone, parabens, retinyl palmitate, synthetic fragrances and is non-nano.




  • bareMinerals 5 in 1 BB advanced performance cream eyeshadow in Divine Wine 0.03 fl. oz.
I was hoping for a lighter color, but although Divine Wine is a darker shade, this is still pretty and would look good in the crease or blended in the outer-v for depth.  Unlike most eyeshadow, this has a mineral based SPF15 to protect your lids.  There are 10 neutral shades of this product and I'm curious how the lighter shades could perform like an eyeshadow primer and keep shadows from creasing.  The benefits of this formula are: long-wear, prime, brighten, smooth and protect.




  • Pixi Tinted Brilliance Balm in Pretty Pink 0.06 oz.
Perfect pocket size lippy in a sweet carnation pink.  The color is really sheer and has a nice shine.  This would be great on its own or even layered with a more opaque lipstick and/or liner.  I like pencil products that are twist up instead of sharpen the type you have to sharpen.  While you lose the pointed end to the product with use, I feel you get the most use of it rather than sharpening and losing product in the shavings.





  • Pop Beauty Sunkissed Bronzer in Secret Sunshine 0.25 oz. Full size!
My skin tone is pretty tan right now and the swatch did not show up as well on my hand, so I swatched on my finger.  This would be great on me when I'm a bit more fair like in the fall and winter months.  But this might also do well for lighter contouring right now.  Bronzer can be year-round, as long as the shade compliments your skin.  I will probably blend this with a matte bronzer to add a bit of glow.  

No comments: