Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Searching for a new scent: Jo Malone

I used to wear a different scent each season, sometimes more than one.  Over the years I've toned down on the use of fragrances due to sensitivities in some community spaces.  I will definitely respect that always.  Other days, I want to wear something that makes me feel good.  Scent has always been big for me in creating memories and rousing up nostalgia.  I have heard great things about Jo Malone and have seen other blogger's Jo Malone choices and wanted to try some out myself.  Online shopping doesn't always allow you to try products first hand, but shopping at Nordstrom always guarantees that you can return items if you don't like it.  I picked up the Jo Malone Cologne Collection during the Anniversary Presale to give this brand a try.





What the website says:

The Jo Malone Cologne Collection features five beautiful fragrances all bottled up in a one-of-a-kind set. Mix them up or wear each alone to create your very own signature scent.

Collection includes:

-Nectarine Blossom and Honey: a mouthwatering blend of nectarine and peach with hints of plum, blackcurrant, vetiver and acacia honey.

-Orange Blossom: a sparkling mix of clementine, orange blossom and water lily.

-Blackberry and Bay: a juicy combination of tart blackberry juice, bay and brambly woods.

-Pomegranate Noir: a sweet, fruity blend of raspberry, plum, pink pepper, pomegranate, patchouli, frankincense and spicy woods.

-Grapefruit: an uplifting citrusy mix of grapefruit, tangerine, vetiver and rosemary.

  • 0.3 oz. each.
  • By Jo Malone London; made in the USA
  • In celebration of Jo Malone's passon for the elegant art of gift giving, the collection comes presented in a signature box, tied with a ribbon.
So far I have used Orange Blossom on its own and love it!  A very sweet scent that smells like summer.  I'm looking forward to trying the other scents and mixing them as well.  

Pros:  -Great set to try 5 different scents
          -Can be mixed and match for a unique experience
          -Small sizes can fit easily in makeup bag or packed for travel.

Cons:  -Cost is steep

Cost: $88 during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale, $110 after the sale.

Would I recommend this to a friend:  YES!  I would actually suggest going to the perfume counter at Nordstrom and smelling these individually before purchase.  You may end up finding another scent that you like, but this is a nice set to either try the brand or add to your collection.

No comments: