Saturday, July 19, 2014

Ulta Sets - Get Ready for the Party and Summer Glam Beauty Essentials

Kits are a great way to try product in sample or deluxe sample size before you commit to paying full price for a full sized item.  I have always been a fan of sets that include different brands, like Sephora's Lashstash Mascara Deluxe Sampler review here.  

On my hunt for Ulta's Summer Glam Beauty Essentials, I came across this Get Ready for the Part color collection.  The gal helping me out said that this set was from Holiday 2013 and they happened to have a few of these still.  What convinced me was the great price of $19 for a regularly priced $30 kit and the Napolean Perdis Loose Eye Dust in Pink Champagne.  So pretty!


Lorac Behind The Scenes Eye Primer, Butter London nail Lacquer in Rosie Lee, Tarte Lights, Camera, Lashes Mascara, Laura Geller Beauty City Lights Lip Gloss, Napolean Perdis loose Eye Dust in Pink Champagne, Pur Minerals Mineral Glow Bronzer


Swatches of the primer, bronzer, eye dust and lip gloss. Flash and no flash.  The primer needs to be more blended in when used.  The other products are pretty sheer, but have a nice shimmer or sparkle to it. 


I still yet have to use these items in a FOTD and will post something as soon as I do.  Did anyone else pick this up during the holiday?  Looking forward to seeing what sets will be available for holiday 2014 for getting and giving!  Use of the mascaras will come when I happen to choose this to use.  I don't like to open the mascaras before actually using since I toss them out after 3 months from opening.  

Pros:  -Great brands
          -Variety of products - lips, tips, cheeks and lashes
          -Incredible value for $19 for 6 deluxe sized products

Cons: None!

Cost: $19 - if you can still find this in your area Ulta store.  I found mine at the Issaquah Highlands Ulta during my lunch break.

Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes!  These sets are great to try new products and/or have smaller items for your purse/travel.






Swatches with flash and without flash of the Porefessional, Cream Eyeshadow.  

I will swatch the bronzer in another post from another kit, but will say that it smells so good like Cocoa Puffs.  Haha!  It will be interesting to see how the two Tarte mascaras I received in these sets will perform since one is the regular formula and the other is waterproof.  The Butter Nail Lacquers might actually be nice together!  Snog as a base with Rosie Lee on top for some sparkle.  

What the website says:

ULTA Summer Glam Beauty Essentials includes 7 must have beauty essentials for a glamorous summer.

An $89 value!

Includes deluxe sizes of:
Anastasia Lash Genius (0.11 oz.)
Benefit The Porefessional (0.1 fl. oz.)
Butter London Nail Lacquer in Snog (0.2 oz.)
Laura Geller Beauty Cool Lids Cream Eye Shadow in Rose Gold Goddess (0.26 fl. oz)
Stila Lip Glaze in Strawberry Lemonade (0.05 fl. oz.)
Tarte Lights, Camera, Splashes Waterproof Mascara (0.16 fl. oz.)
Too Faced Chocolate Soleil Matte Bronzer (0.14 oz.)


Pros:  -Great brands
          -Variety of products - lips, tips, cheeks and lashes
          -Incredible value for 7 deluxe sized products
          -Waterproof items - Lash Genius (waterproof top coat) and Lights, Camera, Splashes mascara

Cons:  -None!

Cost: $28 On sale now for $19 online!  I paid the retail price of $28 and it was the last one at the Bear Creek Ulta in Redmond, WA.

Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes! Another great set to try new products and/or have smaller items for your purse/travel.  

I went to 2 Ulta's in one day during my lunch break to pick these up.  Smh.  The things you do when you need a break away from the office and are on the hunt for something.  

No comments: