Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Sephora Favorites - Lashstash Mascara Deluxe Sampler

I can FINALLY blog about this purchase that I have been sitting on since June. I didn't want to spoil my surprise to Ms. B! I had posted awhile back about Sephora Favorites Boxed Kits and was super excited to see that they had their Lashstash Mascara Deluxe Sampler! I had been eyeing this last summer, but didn't get a chance to pick one up since they sold out. Now I have my grubby lil hands on this and can't wait to try them out!


I try not to open too many mascaras at once, but I think I will allow myself to try at least 2 of these soon! Mascara is a short-term product that should only be used in a 3 month span. Keyword is SHOULD, but I know some folks keep using the same one for awhile. If the product is still in good consistency, you're not prone to getting eye infections & you DON'T share your products, then I don't see why not, but I try to stick to the 3-4 month rule and toss. I do have my favorites that include Chanel & Dior, but also have my drugstore faves as well. Currently, I'm using Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Ultimate Length Washable Mascara in Soft Black and love it!

From Sephora.com-
Lashstash Mascara Deluxe Sampler ($96 Value)
What it is:
Sephora put their favorite, most wanted mascaras in one box—so you get a full fringe for one pretty price.

What it does:
Sephora gathered their best sellers in various beauty categories and packed them into one-of-a-kind kits. This limited-edition set features deluxe samples of handpicked mascaras that are sure to fatten your flutter. From a lash base to a rice-bran-enriched mascara, this kit allows you to mix n' match 'til you create the lush lashes of your dreams.

This set contains:
- 0.1 oz Anastasia Lash Lifting Mascara
- 0.1 oz Tarte Lights Camera Lashes
- 0.1 oz Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara
- 0.24 oz Stila Multi Effect Mascara
- 0.14 oz Benefit Bad Gal Mini
- 0.2 oz Bare Escentuals Buxom Lash
- 0.13 oz Too Faced Mini Lash Injection Pin Point
- 0.12 oz Smashbox Bionic
- 0.07 oz Lancome Cils Booster
- 0.085 oz DuWop Lash Venom
- 0.14 oz Korres Provitamin B5 and Rice Bran Mascara

I'll probably give the Lancome Cils Booster & Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara a try. They still have this set available on the website, lucky if you can find it in store! While this is a bit pricey for sample sizes of mascara, the $39 you spend on this kit is almost the cost of 2 tubes at the counter, but you get to try 10 different brands of mascara and a primer before you think about spending full price on one tube. Most counters don't have deluxe sample sizes that they will just give to you either and most of the time you would only receive these sizes with a gwp or pwp.

More EOTD/FOTDs soon when I am fully better. I have been sicky sick lately and am finally getting better, but still only about 85% well. I have NO voice right now and a lingering cough. I hate being sick! I've been spending most of my days in bed, blogging, but haven't had much energy to do any new looks. I'll try to have one for you guys by the end of this week! :)

2 comments:

Blissey168 said...

Awww.... get well soon girl! :(
Btw, I tried the Lancome one already! It's good in terms of priming my lashes and making them look nice and thick... BUT it straightens out my curled lashes as well. My lashes are stick straight and I need to curl them a few times to get them to look nice and "lifted". This primer sorta undo that haha... So I just waited until it completely dried and then re-curl them again. Beautiful! Thank you so much! :)

Vanessa M. said...

too cool! i would suck at these tho and open them all lol