Monday, July 14, 2014

Review: The Container Store Luxe Acrylic Modular System


I got it! Yeah, I had to, especially since each piece was on sale.  This fits perfectly on my bathroom counter and holds the mostly used items nicely, including a few extras.


Top tray - usual suspects brushes, my partner's make-up (look how much she uses compared to me!), body lotions, foot lotion, the egg tray is from Anthropologie and I keep small items like hair ties/clips, implements, lip balm and eye drops.

Right drawer holds the everyday make up - powder, concealer, bronzer, blushes, mascaras, brow powder, cream eyeliners.

Left drawer holds lippys of all kinds.  Lipsticks, lip glosses, lip balms.  Whatever I have been using lately.  I LOOOOOOVE Maybelline's Babylips.  I gave it another shot after a few years since this post.  

Bottom wide drawer holds extra brushes, eye shadow palettes, pencil liners, primers and other make up.  

The quality of the pieces is fairly sturdy and the rubber feet under the units that are stacked keep them securely in place.  I may end up lining the drawers to prevent scratching, but it all looks so nice without.  Overall I'm happy with this set up and glad I waited to buy acrylic storage in separate pieces rather than a large box.

From the website:

  • Made from crystal-clear acrylic
  • Modular design allows Tray and Drawers to stack securely
  • Drawers feature faceted pulls
  • Clear bumpers keep stacked drawers in place

Clearly a great choice! Our hand-fabricated Luxe Acrylic Modular Tray and Drawers stack securely for vertical storage.  They look gorgeous and hold everything from make up to jewelry.  To clean, use soapy water or Novus Plastic Polish (sold separately).


Pros:  -Customizable to suit preference
          -Fairly affordable compared to the larger acrylic boxes
          -Less bulky than one piece units

Cons:  -Can get scratched easily

Cost: On sale now!  I purchased via eBates to get 4.0% cash back, then picked up in store

Luxe Acrylic Modular Tray $11.99
Luxe Acrylic Modular Drawer $14.99
Luxe Acrylic Modular Wide Drawer $22.99

Would I recommend this to a friend?  Absolutely!  If you have a Container Store in your area, check these out in person or online.

No comments: