Friday, July 11, 2014

Unboxing: Julep Maven July 2014

This month's Julep Maven choice was the 'Modern Beauty' box with product rather than polish.  I have a ton of polish already and I've been getting gel manicures lately and my collection has been just sitting.  I skipped June's box because I didn't find any of the products offered to be of interest, but July's had the Bare Body Milk that sounded wonderful!  I still have last summer's Beach Tonic Dry Body Oil that smelled fantastic.  I also liked that this was paired with Mint Condition Pedi Creme for a full body smoothing experience.  Checked my Jules account, I had enough for a box, so this box was FREE!

Julep Maven boxes are always festive!

Promotion for Body Polish or Body Milk

The Poolside Collection promotional cards.

Full size Mint Condition Pedi Creme 3 fl oz and Bare Body Milk 6.8 fl oz

Pedi Creme information
Pedi Creme 

What the website says:

Formerly known as The Best Pedi Creme Ever!, our much-loved foot moisturizer is back with a new name and the same fast-acting formula.

Features & Benefits:
  • Provides soothing moisture and gentle exfoliation for rough, dry skin
  • Formulated with alpha hydroxy acids, shea butter, coconut oil, essential oils and vitamin E
I tried the Pedi Creme after showering and wore these Earth Therapeutics Aloe Socks and wore them to sleep.


Aloe Socks Mositure Pink

Results? Smooth feet! I'm sure with continued use since there are alpha hydroxy acids, this will make my feet more supple.  The summer weather can cause really dry skin on my heels and around my toes.  Since it has been really warm, I don't think I can use my aloe socks while sleeping every night, so I'll maybe do this routine every other day or every 3 days as needed.

Body Milk information
Body Milk ingredients
What the website says:

What it is:
An ultra hydrating body lotion for thirsty skin. The lightweight, fast-absorbing formula leaves a soft, silkyfinish that's not heavy or greasy, and our signature Beach Tonic fragrance lets you smell like summer all year long.

What it does:
  • Milk thistle locks in moisture and helps protect against environmental factors.
  • Olive oil delivers essential fatty acids to hydrate and repair.
  • Grapefruit oil promotes cell turnover.
  • Orange peel oil brightens dry, dull skin.
Pros: -Fantastic scent
         -Paraben & sulfate free
         -Body milk leaves my skin soft and lightly scented
         -Pedi Creme leaves my feet soft

Cons: Steep in price.

Cost: Mint Condition Pedi Creme - $20, $16 Julep Maven
         Bare Body Milk  - $24, $19.20 Julep Maven

Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes to the Bare Body Milk because of the unique scent if you liked the Beach Tonic fragrance.  No to the Pedi Creme because of the price, even with the Maven discount.  It is a great product, but I feel you can find other foot creams with the same results.


No comments: