Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sally Beauty Supply Haul & a new hair FAVE!


Oh Sally Beauty Supply, you are neglected sometimes. I can't get over how "hood" it is sometimes in there, but I seem to walk out with at least something. The nearest one to me is still on the eastside, but I decided to head back to my old neighborhood in Renton to visit the one right by Wal-Mart. Classy! The store was not neat and organized, but I made my way through the aisles anyway in search for a few things. #1 was some acetone to safely remove my Nailene So Real Nails. #2 I really wanted to try this Hair One Hair Cleanser and Conditioner that I had seen reviews on the website $11. I also picked up Orly Bonder Rubberized Basecoat and Orly Top Coat for $5/each. I decided to join the Sally Beauty Supply Loyal Customer program which offers discounts on all products and special deals. The cost is $5, but you get a $5 coupon to use on your next month's purchase.

Hair One: Jojoba for Color Treated Hair - I really LOVE this product! I was interested in Wen, but wasn't pleased with the price and the fact that it is a monthly membership that you have to keep up with. Not my style, so why not try a similar product. The only drawback to this product is the amount you have to use. They advise to use 8-10 pumps on the crown and the back of your head and then an additional 15-20 pumps on the rest of your hair depending on the length. I use 26 pumps to cleanse/condition - 8 on the crown, 8 on the back and 10 on the rest of my hair. I leave this in my hair while I lather my body. You can even use this product as a leave-in conditioner using 1-3 pumps. I use 3 pumps and that is the only product I used. No serum, no gel, no hairspray or pomade. After I blow dried my hair, how did this leave my hair? Soft, manageable and with volume! Move over Healthy, Sexy Hair Pumpkin and hello to Hair One! Uggghh...I have to go through those big containers still! Another plus to this product is that it is Sulfate Free which will help hair color from fading.

Orly Bonder and Top Coat - I picked up the Bonder because I saw it along with the Orly Matte nailpolishes and the display noted to have lasting results, to use Bonder. This may help with my Sephora for OPI What's A Tire Jack polish to stay chip free for longer than a day! I hope! I decided to get the Top Coat as well to keep in line with the same brand of base coat to see how well the brand works. I'll be using these products in an upcoming NOTW post so stay tuned for that.

2 comments:

sssdawna said...

im glad i know how much hair one i'll have to use!

i still want to try it though = ]

Kate Gene said...

OMG... I could not agree more re: Sally Beauty Supply. The one in downtown Seattle is definitely on the ghetto side. LOL! The staff was nice though, so that was good.