Monday, October 12, 2009

Lancome High Resolution - Anti-Wrinkle Travel Collection




During my stop at Nordy's last week, I picked up Lancome's High Resolution Anti-Wrinkle Travel Collection. I happened to be on Lancome's site and was tempted to order online since this is part of their Holiday '09 sets, but I decided to see if they had it at Nordstrom and they did! Lucky me! Priced at $54.50, this set retails for $104. Included in this set: High Resolution Collaser-5X Intense Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Serum, High Resolution Refill-3X Triple Action Renewal Anti-Wrinkle Cream with SPF 15 and High Resolution Eye Refill-3X Triple Action Renewal Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream. Perfect set to try out these products that includes a serum, moisturizer and eye cream! I also got a gift with purchase that included a cute cosmetic bag and I got to pick 6 samples to go with it! I wasn't paying attention when I was grabbing stuff and actually grabbed 7. Whoopsie! I was just excited to go through those bins and tossed them in my bag.

How did these fare?

-High Resolution Collaser-5X Intense Collagen Anti-Wrinkle Serum: A cream serum, this goes on light and does not leave a heavy or greasy feeling on my face.


-High Resolution Refill-3X Triple Action Renewal Anti-Wrinkle Cream with SPF 15: Even though this is a cream in a pot, I don't mind since my fingers and face are clean when applying. Just the right amount of moisture on my face without leaving it shiney.

-High Resolution Eye Refill-3X Triple Action Renewal Anti-Wrinkle Eye Cream: Light! Most eye creams that I have used tend to feel a bit thick, but this is whipped. Remember to use your ring fingers when applying and massaging in since they have the lightest touch and won't tug or pull the delicate skin around your eyes. I have a tendency to rub in product too hard. :\


There were a couple other skincare lines that had boxed sets similar to this, but the MUA had suggested this since I didn't have any visible lines/crinkles. That's right...I take better care of my skin now, but I have always been avid about using moisturizer with SPF and have been using an eye cream since I turned 25. Now that I have cut down on the drinking and cut out yosi'ing, continued practice of a good skin care regimen will help to ensure that this mug stays looking fab for a long time. My one big downfall which I know I need to cut down on is the tanning. While I do tan with SPF on, I should really take precaution to avoid laying out. :\ I love the golden brown deliciousness, but I can limit the tanning to prevent aging and skin cancer. :)

My regular routine for facial care: wash face 2x a day (once in the AM and before bed), eye cream, spot treatment (if necessary), moisturizer with SPF during the day, moisturizing night cream at night or I spray a little Shiseido Hadasui Skin Lotion Cream (I bought mine at Uwajimaya, but you can find it here Neobeauty.com - Shiseido Hadasui.) Once or twice a week, I'll use a mask depending on how grimy I feel. I love sheet masks since they leave my skin feeling refreshed and are easy to use. If I feel like I need some serious clarifying, I'll use a clay mask, but only on my t-zone since I have sensitive skin that tends to dry out easily. I used to get monthly facials, but that has really become a luxury and will start getting quarterly facials once I have a steady income again. My skin has lasted 5 months without a facial and I haven't had any serious issues!

No comments: