Saturday, September 12, 2009

EOTD: Red Earth Eyeshadow/Primer, Daiso Eyebrow Pencil, Lancome Cils Booster XL & Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara

All new products for this EOTD! I've been looking kind of rough due to illness and really didn't want to do a FOTD. Red Earth Eyeshadow duo & primer, Daiso Eyebrow Pencil, Lancome Cils Booster XL & Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara have made their way to this entry and I wanted to just showcase these items on their own without using any other products.


The Red Earth eyeshadow duo and primer were part of my Christmas prezzie from Ms. B. She noted that the colors were very pretty & the primer was good. I'm not sure about the colors since the back label didn't have the color names, but the shade on the left is a light golden champagne and the color on the right is a dark brown with flecks of gold and red. The primer is very light and blends smoothly on to my eyelid. I haven't gotten to test the wear of the primer since I'm just at home, but will revisit this compact to see how well this holds up during the day.

I actually wore this throughout dinner at home and did notice a bit of creasing. I'll have to try this again after washing and prepping my face. It is a great idea to put a primer along with shadows, so I'm hopeful that there will be better results!

I picked up this eyebrow pencil from Daiso for $2 after my cousin said it worked pretty well. Haha! We spent about an hour in Daiso buying JUNK one afternoon, but some of that junk turned into treasure! I've been using my Anastasia Brow Powder and Brow Gel faithfully for the past year, but what I like about this pencil is that its quick, easy and sets my brows nicely for only $2!

Here are all the products used below. I'll highlight the differences in pictures-


I smoothed the primer all over the lid & applied the champagne colored eyeshadow all over. I worked the dark brown shadow from the outer-v across the crease and contour, concentrating more of the color in the outer-v. I dabbed a little bit of the champagne in the inner corner of my eye and the middle of the lid. The flash washes out most of the details :\


Left brow au naturel.

Right brow filled in with Daiso Eyebrow Pencil. I used small, quick strokes to fill in my brow and used a spoolie to blend.


Left eye with only Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara. 2x coats on the upper and 1x coat on the lower.
I liked the results from this mascara. The wand had thin bristles that were easy to grab on to my lashes and build.

Right eye with Lancome Cils Booster XL + Sephora Atomic Volume Mascara. 2x coats of the Booster and Mascara and 1x coat on the lower.
I could really tell the difference the primer made! This created more volume without being too clumpy.

You can tell the difference that the Lancome Cils Booster XL makes by creating more noticeable volume in my lashes. While this isn't a product I would call necessary, this would be nice to use during nights out or special occasions when I'm too lazy apply falsies. While I am a pro at applying strip lashes, sometimes you just don't want to deal with it. I would really like to try some other primers to compare the difference.

No comments: