Thursday, September 3, 2009

ELF Studio - Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, Powder Brush & Eyeshadow C Brush

One of my favorite & affordable brands came out with a Studio Line of products last year. I picked up the Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder, the Powder Brush and the Eyeshadow C Brush to try. While these aren't the usual $1 price points as the other ELF products, these are still a great deal at $3 each! They have expanded their products since I ordered these last December and may possibly order some other items for me & Ms. B in the very near future. :)
The brushes come nicely packaged in a ziptop pouch that makes it great for travel. These are Taklon, artificial fiber, brushes with a sturdy & sleek black ferrule and wooden handles. These compacts are similar to the stylings of NARS' compacts that have a mirrored lid.

The brushes are labeled. Kind of unnecessary in my eyes, but this could help someone who is new to make up. These brushes are noted on the website as "Vegan Friendly." :)

The Powder Brush has been my holy grail brush! I love using this to apply either loose mineral foundations or my usual MAC Studio Fix. This brush does not shed and that makes me happy! After several washings and spray cleanings, this brush holds up.

I haven't had the chance to use this eyeshadow brush yet, but I would use this with darker colors in the crease and contour of my eye based on the length and density of the bristles.

The Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder is a great combo! The color is highly pigmented and I love the color of the blush! Its very similar to my favorite NARS blush Deep Throat. The contouring powder I will have to play around with to see how to apply the color without having it look like dirt smudged on my face. Contouring can be tricky if you don't blend well!

4 comments:

Rai said...

I love that Powder Brush! It's amazing.

All of these products are great, too.

Tammy said...

Everyone keeps saying how good that powder brush is, I need to give it a try!

Rhondalei G. said...

Rai & Tammy - The brush is FABULOUS! I absolutely love it! I'm not sure what I'm going to order next from the Studio Line...any suggestions?

Angie | Pandaphilia.com said...

the powder brush is the BEST. i also love the blush/bronzer duo :) elf is awesome