Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Twilight Venom & Hello 3-0!

Today, I begin a new chapter in life. I welcome my 30's with a new take on my life, respect that I should give and be given and anticipation for what's yet to come. What won't change is my giddiness for make-up, thankfully! My wallet & dwindling funds are not so thankful though, but these small luxuries keep me happy! :)

While picking up a birthday prezzie for my Sissy, I scoped this out at the cash wrap @ Nordy's. I'm a sucker for new products and this was on my make-up lemming list! Especially related to Twilight!

From the DuWop website, "Be transformed. Let the alchemy transcend.

Twilight Venom is not your typical DuWop venom. Instead of a gloss, Twilight Venom is a shimmering crimson lip stain suspended in a venom-laced liquid lip conditioner with a super potent bite (watch out!), and contains argan, avocado, olive oils and vitamin E.

This product should be shaken before use to represent the blending of the human and vampire worlds and applied repeatedly until lips are plumped, revitalized and the desired intensity of color has been reached."
Mmmkay, move over Bella aka KStew, Leilei is ready for her scene.

This really does look like BLOOD. Hahah! The stain doesn't completely mix with the plumper and I found that you have to continually re-cap and shake to achieve a decent stain. I have used DuWop's Lip Venom and this has the same cinnamon scent/taste.

I don't need the plumping effect...seriously. After I took this pic, I got slightly weirded out because it looks like I am applying blood on my lips. As noted earlier, you have to keep mixing the product to get the gloss and stain to mix and get the right amount of color. A bit of work if you have a lot of lip to work with.

You can find Twilight Venom on DuWop's website or at Nordstrom. Stay tuned for the release of the Luna Twilight cosmetic line. I will definitely be picking something up!

I need fangs for this shot. My canines aren't long enough. Grrrr!

A perfectly stained, red pout...ready for smooching. Stains are great to start off as a base. As you layer on liner, lipstick and/or gloss, the stain will remain after all the other layers have been eaten/kissed/licked off. :) Do make sure your pout is smooth and hydrated. I do my lips last during my make up routine, so I slather on balm while I do the rest of my face. Then I blot off the excess and apply the stain then lipstick/gloss.

Oh Edward...you can come visit me anytime and watch me sleep.

1 comment:

Blissey168 said...

Happy Burfday girlie! :) Being 30 is great.... I can't wait to turn 30, seriously! :) Oh and your present is on the way!