Monday, August 24, 2009

FOTD: The Everyday for Summer '09

While I have been JL for the summer, my last team I worked with has been able to utilize me to do some product testing on an as-needed basis. Works for me and I get to hang out with my girls! In between working, we chit chat on the current haps and of course beauty products. :) This has been my everyday face for most of the summer. Not too done up, but still with enough color to compliment my tan in a subtle way. Save the complicated, multi-step/multi-product looks for those nights out. My 'Day' face is pretty uncomplicated and won't be a mess if I happen to sweat it off. Usually what happens since I love driving with the windows down instead of blasting the a/c.

What I used:

Face-
MAC Studio Fix in NC42
NARS blush in Deep Throat
Too Faced Bronzing Powder in Sunny Bunny

Eyes-
UDPP in Sin
Stila Blanc Palette - Love this palette! The nude shadow all over lid and to highlight the brow bone, champagne in the crease & the olive shadow to contour. The blush in the palette is pretty, but I'm more into peachy blushes when I'm tan.
MAC Fluidline in Blitz & Glitz on the top lid (this is my FAVORITE Fluidline...ever!)
MAC Kohl Liner in Powersurge on the lower lid
Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Soft Black - 2x coats on the top lashes and 1x on the lower
Anastasia Brunette Brow Powder/Brow Gel - Filled in the brows with the lighter brown and set with gel

Lips-
MAC Lusterglass in Love Nectar (this is my holy grail lipgloss!)

I can get this look done in 10-15 minutes. I like to keep it light during the heat, not that I ever cake on the cosmetics. ;) Like I said, I usually sweat my face off anyway, so I don't feel so bad about how much time I put into this look.

I'm lucky to have a decent complexion and have had several compliments, especially from gals that I've done make up for. Good genetics and now I am definitely making more of an attempt to keep the mug lookin' good. Trying to eat better, cutting down on the drinking, I quit social yosi'ing and am really trying not to expose myself to too much sun. I can't help but love being tan though! That is my biggest downfall. :\


I had to turn the flash off to get a decent pic of my lips, but the wonderful fluorescent lighting gives me a weird tinge. This is my HG lipgloss that I continually buy since I use it so often! I was introduced to Love Nectar 3 years ago and hope MAC never let's this color go!

Ready to work! I look topless in this shot. But it is a great picture of my pretty necklace my gf Sam made! Check her out at Camarilla Designs on Etsy.com. Her August sale is still going on - 15% off EVERYTHING in her store!

No comments: