Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Smashbox Rapture Lip Gloss Collection

It is my goal to get through all of my new make up that I have been sitting on before I can purchase any new make up. Well, yesterday's post shows an obvious fail since that was a new, recent purchase!

Did anyone else indulge in the Smashbox Rapture Lip Gloss Collection during Holiday '08? See, I told y'all I love lippies! I ordered thsi from Smashbox's website and had quick & free shipping & a freebie!

From the Smashbox website, "Get glam with this party-perfect set of our award-winning, ultra moisturizing lip gloss. The luxurious velour wand perfectly contours lips for a flawless application every time. Includes three best-selling shades and three holiday exclusives. Wear alone or layer together for instant color and stunning shine." This is a $90 retail value set that is only $29! $21.75 on sale on the website!

You get to choose the deluxe sized sample of your choice when you place an order online and I chose their best selling O-Gloss.

These tubes are 0.12 fl oz each and are 4" long. They fit neatly in your pocket or small clutch.

The colors are soft & sheer ranging from nude, peach, pink & tan.

Illume - the lightest of the 6 glosses. Very light and while pretty on its own, I would pair this up with a nude or even brown liner like MAC's Spice or Chesnut.

Ravishing - a light bronze shade. I could pair this up with my MAC Honeymoon lipstick from the Moonbathe collection from Summer '07.

Candid - a coppery pink. Slicked over MAC's Lollipop Loving perhaps? Lollipop never looks right on me on its own, so I'll have to give this a try.

Stunning - a clean, bright fuschia. I think this looks the best on it's own!

Lovely - a shimmery peach. This looks similar to my beloved Love Nectar. Great on it's own as well or I might mix this with Candid.

Radiant - a glistening brown. The darkest shade of the 6, but still very light and wearable. Another on it's own color or I would pair this with a light lining of MAC Mahogony to deepen the brown color.

The award winning O-Gloss! The sample is a generous size - .10 fl oz and fits perfectly in my purse make up bag.

From the website: "Get a shiny pink pout all your own! The first intuitive lip gloss, this innovative formula goes on clear and then reacts with your personal skin chemistry to instantly transform into your own custom shade of pink. O-GLOSS is packed with our exclusive microcirculating Goji Berry-C Complex™ and ginkgo biloba, pomegranate seed antioxidants, revitalizing marine botanicals and moisturizing avocado oil for lustrous shine.
Winner of Allure Magazine Reader's Choice Award for Most Innovative Product, and two-time Best of Sephora Award Nominee for Best Lip Gloss and Best Beauty Innovation."
You can't mess with the ORIGINAL intuitive lipgloss! I have tried another gloss from Too Faced, but got too bright of a magenta! O-Gloss gives you a subtle, pretty, pink pout that isn't too loud. 0.34 fl oz for $22

These glosses are FAB! I would definitely purchase other Smashbox lipglosses! I reviewed Smashbox's Lip Paint in Artiste a few months back and LOVE that gloss as well!

No comments: