Saturday, August 15, 2009

Samples! Review: ghd Elevation Shampoo/Conditioner, Bliss best of skintentions & Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Eye

Anyone else get this during Holiday '08 from Sephora? This was full of samples to try - from skincare, haircare and color. I've basically shoved all the samples I've received from orders from Sephora & Nordstrom in this bag and decided to finally dig in and review the goodies!


Up first are: ghd Elevation Shampoo/Conditioner, Bliss best of skintentions & Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Eye.


I don't even see this line of hair care products on the sephora.com website anymore. Hmmm? I guess this may be discontinued at Sephora. Ah well, you can still find this on the ghd website. From the insert, "ghd elevation shampoo and conditioner are the ultimate products for use prior to styling the hair from step 1(cleanse & nourish) of the gold thermodynamics hair beauty range. Hair that has been prepared with ghd elevation shampoo and conditioner is more voluminous and plumped up but with a weightless feel. This provides a great base for any type of styling as the hair is much more manageable."

This sampling was good enough for one wash. The first thing I noticed about the shampoo is how wonderful it smelled! It was a clean, light floral that left my hair squeaky clean. The conditioner on the other hand, left me wanting to put something else in my hair. It didn't have the same scent as the shampoo which was a let down. This didn't condition my hair well, but I don't have "normal/fine hair" as the product suggests it should be used for. My hair is color treated and coarse, so it didn't feel very conditioned afterwards. :\

This line is a bit pricey for me - $25 for a 5.1 oz bottle. I don't think I'll be purchasing this line of shampoo/conditioners since that is bank!


Next up Bliss best of skintentions. Described as a moisturizer that, "promotes and protects skin's healthy appearance. delivers essential vitamins, minerals and omegas. illuminates skin with phytonutrients."
Sounds good to me! And this also has SPF 15 which is a must for ALL my moisturizers. I checked sephora.com and this moisturizer is without: Parabens, Sulfates & Synthetic Dyes which is another plus since these agents have been noted in lab results to possibly cause cancer.

The texture of this moisturizer is light, yet left my skin feeling well nourished. What I didn't like was the scent! This had a burnt orange smell which was a complete turn off and makes me not want to buy this. The scent did dissipate after awhile, but I don't think I would be able to get over it. Check it out for yourself at Sephora to see if it floats your boat. 1.7 fl oz for $35


My favorite out of the 3 samples I've tried, Peter Thomas Roth Un-Wrinkle Eye. Described as, "deep wrinkle eye expression line concentrate. eyes appear and feel firm. patent pending blend of six anti-aging peptides and neuropeptides at a maximum strength of 23% with aloe vera, sweet almond extract, hyaluronic acid and vitamins A & E." What's also good to know is it, "helps boost natural collagen production in all skin types, particularly those who have early signs of aging or more mature skin with deeper, more defined wrinkles."

I'm on the hunt for an eye cream that protects and prevents the signs of aging. I've been blessed with good skin, but sooner or later, its going to happen. If I can keep slowing down those signs with some magical cream, I'm going to do it. I loved how light this eye cream was and how soft it left my eyes. I wish this did include some SPF in it, but I usually go over my eye area with moisturizer anyway. This one does have a hefty price tag, $120 for 0.5 oz! That is BANK! Based on the reviews on sephora.com, this got 4/5 stars. I may think about purchasing this in the future, but for now, its a lem on the list!

No comments: