Tuesday, March 24, 2015

the Balm Cosmetics - Mary-Lou Manizer Highlighter

I have been wanting this highlighter for some time now and I finally got it!  With a Nordy's Note too, so no money spent!  The powder highlighters I have are too shimmery/glittery.  I don't know how I rocked that, but it goes to show the ever changing an evolving likes and style.  This one is soft in shimmer that it just perks up your face with an inner light.




The swatch on my fingers look super bright!
But blended into my skin, it just shows a nice sheen.  I add this above my blush on my cheek bones, a little bit on my forehead, a little line down my nose, a dab on my cupid's bow and on my chin.  I use a really light hand and my Real Techniques Setting brush.

Cost: $24 @ Nordstom

Pros:
-Light shimmer and buildable finish
-Paraben free
-Compact case with a mirror

Cons:
-Pricey

Would I recommend this to a friend?  YES!  I love it and it has become something I use on a weekly basis.  I haven't found any drugstore brand highlighters that weren't too shimmery or glittery and am open to suggestions!

No comments: