Thursday, February 26, 2015

Blue Apron Review - Week 12

I have been so busy the last few weeks that I have had to cancel out on Blue Apron.  This was one of the last ones I ordered and I even missed out on making one dish because I waited too long to cook it.  I really hate wasting food!



So happy to use banana leaf to steam!  Filipino cuisine uses banana leaves often for cooking and baking.  As my Mom calls it, "Nature's Foil."  I love the way rice cakes taste when baked in banana leaf.  This cod dish also had a great taste with a hint of banana leaf.  The rice had great flavors, but I would have liked to use a more sticky rice.  



This was my favorite dish, because I love gnocchi!  It was very rich and could have used a glass of wine with it.  Hee hee!  I made this for dinner one night for one of my besties and she enjoyed it as well!

Again, with how busy my schedule is, I have been taking a break from ordering.  I'll pick this back up again maybe in a few weeks, but for now, this will be it for Blue Apron at the moment!



No comments: