Saturday, January 10, 2015

+LIFEGUARD Mini 1nPortable Charger


Advertorial

I carry around a pouch in my purse that has a USB wall plug and cords for my phone and accessories, but I did not have an external battery charger.  Through Tomoson and +LIFEGUARD I got to test out the Mini 1 and was excited to see how this performed.  I don't know how many times my phone has ran out of battery while out and did not have access to an outlet.  Like when I went to Portland with some friends and we got lost.  All of our phones were dying or dead and we had to try and remember where the car was parked.  Wouldn't be an issue if we had one of these on hand!





For a limited time, the +LIFEGUARD Mini 1 comes with an Apple Lightning cable!  Also included is a micro USB cord to charge the Mini 1.  Most chargers that I have seen do not include a Lightning cable and you end up having to use the original cable.

Before using, you are supposed to charge the unit fully, which will take about 6 hours.  I had a full charge when I brought this to work to test out.  I let my phone get down to low with the 20% warning, then plugged in to see how long it would take to get to 100%.


The Lightning cable is short, which is fine since you're just plugging this into the charger and phone at a close proximity.

When you plug in the cord to the USB, there is a blue indicator light that comes on.  That means you have juice and it is ready to go!

The charger fits nicely in the same pouch that carries my other phone accessories.


Boom!  1 hour & 41 minutes later we're back in business.

One improvement to note would be to have an indicator light of how much is left in the charger.  I wasn't sure how much of a charge I had left so I plugged it in and monitored.  The battery started to go off and on when it was dying so I unplugged it.



The charger did not last long and only gave me up to 80% of battery the first time and 34% the next charge.  Still not bad and useful for emergencies, like getting lost finding your car in Portland.  This can be charged +800 times, so the longevity of the charger is a plus if you're using this in only urgent situations.  The +LIFEGUARD Mini 1 is worth the value, especially since this comes with a Lightning cable.

Cost: $24.97 via Amazon & Prime is available

#tomoson #pluslifeguard

This product was obtained through Tomoson.  I have not been monetarily compensated for this item.  My write up of this product reflects my own opinion after a trial period and have provided an honest review.

No comments: