Friday, January 9, 2015

Crafting From Bed: Darby Smart - Pocket Terrarium Necklaces

These were so fun to make!  I can definitely see myself making more of these for gifts.  Second in the Crafting From Bed series, I made these on a lazy Sunday afternoon.

Everything you need is in the box!  The sand, moss, chain and jewelry finishings.  Down to the different pliers you need, it is all in the box!

This Crafting From Bed really does happen on my bed.  And I have my piles of laundry waiting for me to fold, but first, let's have some fun!

Instructions are not included, but rather you log online for instructions that include photos of each step.

I made the top of the box my work station.  All the items I placed to the side on the bubble wrap the vials were wrapped in.
 To make getting the sand easier and less messy, I placed the vial in the bag with the sand.  It took a few tries, but I got the right amount in eventually.
The moss is pretty fluffy, so you will need something to help place it.  The needle nose pliers included was helpful.
 Capped then inserted the eye screw for the chain to go through.  Be sure the cork is well placed.  I would even suggest putting adhesive like E6000 to ensure it doesn't open.
Cut the chain the length you want it and place jump rings on each end then the lobster claw closure and you're done!
Something to note about the pliers is that the lubrication will seep during your initial use due to the movement.  Be mindful as you use these tools and wipe as needed.  It took me a minute to figure out where these black smears on my hands were coming from!
Tada!  Two beautiful and easy to make terrarium necklaces.  I love how cute these are!

Cost: $19

Skill Level: Easy

Would I recommend this to a friend?  Yes!  To keep and give!  Someone is going to get one of these necklaces and I have enough of the sand and moss to make more.  I just need to purchase some chain and jewelry finishings which I can easily find at my neighborhood Jo-Ann Fabrics.

I think I'm liking Darby Smart!  Still would not purchase a subscription just yet and like that I can choose the projects that I want.  I was able to use another coupon for another order so I have more projects coming my way!

No comments: