Monday, August 18, 2014

Reference Love: Total Beauty - Nails & Review: China Glaze Son Of A Peach

I love the emails from Total Beauty and can always find great articles. This caught my eye and I wanted to give this a try.

Say What? Sloppy Manicures Last the Longest

Let's give test this out. I messily applied polish on my toes and then cleaned up with remover and an angled brush.

This was before. Super messy and it was kind of fun.  What wasn't fun was the clean up.  It took a bit of time to get this cleaned up.  I already do clean up my manicures and pedicures with acetone and an angled brush.

Products used:
Base Coat - Butter Nail Foundation Flawless Base Coat
Color - China Glaze Son Of A Peach
Top Coat - Butter P.D. Quick Top Coat
Drying Drops - Julep Ta Da! Quick Dry Polish Drops
Acetone
Angled liner brush



This is after 2 weeks.  So far chip free with just grow out at the cuticles, but the tips stayed just fine.  I already seal the free edge with color and top coat when I paint my nails.  I don't think I'll make such an effort to paint sloppily the next pedicure.


Love, love, love this color on my toes!  I haven't tried this color on my hands yet, but I'm sure it will be just as gorgeous.  I found that with most neon polishes, they dry to a matte finish.  It took about 3 coats to level for an even out, then topped off with top coat.





Pros:  -Amazing color
          -Staying power; lasted 2 weeks without any chips

Cons:  -Takes 3 coats to get the opaque color

Cost: $7.50 at Ulta (I picked this up during Bellevue Fashion Focus and paid the show promo price $2.50)

Would I recommend this to a friend?  YES! Tan skin, plus creamy neon polish makes the color pop!

No comments: