Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Affordable Shoes: Payless Dexflex Claire Flats

After seeing Mary from Swatch and Learn's,  Smorgasbord Sundays: I Love Dexflex Claire Scrunch Flats , I had to see for myself if these flats would be comfortable for me.  She has an awesome collection that include a fun cheetah pair!  Rawr!  Payless?  I am surprised at the quality of some of their shoes and the stylings.  Definitely a step up from the Pro-wings we used to rock back in the day.  I have shoes from Target and would say that the quality is fairly similar.

Its summer and I usually pick a pair of flat sandals or Havaianas on the daily.  Sometimes I need a more dressier option, whether it be for work or for a more formal occasion, having a nice pair of flats to wear or change into that are comfortable can be a challenge.  I'm a size 6.5, but since my feet are a little bit on the wider side, I size up to a 7.  I tried on both the 7 M and 7 W and found that the 7 M fit well.  No cheetah at the location I went to, so chose basic black and nude.


What the website says:
Dexflex Comfort Women's Claire Scrunch Flat

-All-Day Comfort
-Online Exclusive Available
-Wide Width Available

Get total comfort with this dexflex by Dexter flat! It features a durable upper, stretchy topline, fabric lining and a flexible outsole for ease of movement. The soft footbed boasts a two layer insole. Memory foam, like pillows provided in five-star hotels, absorbs shock, shapes and holds perfectly to cradle the foot for lasting comfort. Latex foam has a premier bouncing nature which provides cushion and a feeling of protection with every step.

I wore the black pair all-day at work last week and these really are comfy!  I did notice there was a bit of pressure on the back of my heel at the end of the day and am hoping that with wear, these will fit better.  I tried to use a low cut sock liner, but they showed above the shoe.  Wearing shoes with no socks can make them icky, but I spray my feet with deodorant/antiperspirant to keep them dry and stink free.

Pros:  -Lightweight
          -Comfortable fit
          -Good selection of colors
          -Affordable

Cons:  -Elastic heel is pretty snug (hoping it will conform to my foot better with use)
           -Shape is cut low and cannot wear with sock liners
           -Not much support in the arch

Cost: On sale for $19.99, regularly $29.99

Would I recommend this to a friend?  I would say give them a try and wear them around the house to see if they will work for you.  I did wear the black pair around the house the day before I actually wore them out to work which made me decide to keep them.  From their website, they have a good return policy in case you aren't happy with your purchase, but hopefully you end up liking these as I have!

No comments: