Friday, January 22, 2010

Vanity Mark The Lash Mascara & Daiso Mascara Guard

Two products I've been using and now getting around to reviewing. In one of My Pretty Pink Boxes, I received a Vanity Mark The Lash mascara. Since I can only test out a new mascara every 3 months, it takes awhile for me to get around to test them. I also picked up a mascara guard at Daiso sometime last year that I got to try out as well.


From www.vanitymark.com

THE LASH mascara
net weight: 8.0 m. / net 0.270 fl oz.

The thickest, blackest mascara on earth

Shade: Blackest

* Not Too Wet - 'the LASH' has a satiny texture that dries quickly and resists clumps

* Shine - I like a pretty, healthy sheen to lashes, so I made sure that 'theLASH' dries to a crisp, polished finish

* Blackest - I like a mascara that's REALLY dark, so I chose the deepest blue/black shade humanly posssible

* Curl Safe - Since I always curl lashes before and after applying mascara, I had FLEXI-LASTIN added to 'the LASH' so there’d be no worries...curl like crazy...its okay!

* Weatherproof - Holds true, yet removes easily with your favorite facial cleanser

-Cruelty free & not tested on animals

Cost: $16 Now on sale for $8!

Would I recommend this to a friend? I'm on the fence. I do like this mascara, but it seems a bit dry for me and I feel like I can't layer this on as much as I would like.

Here are the naked lashes. Just curled a bit with my trusty Shu Uemura curler.



Here is the Daiso Mascara Guard that I've been sitting on. Really, I don't have any issues getting mascara on my eyelid. Actually, it doesn't really bother me and I can easily clean it up with a wet q-tip. For $1.50, why not try it? I have seen some other guards, but this one in particular was nice because the handle has a comb to go through your lashes.

In action! See my lame attempt to hold it up and use it with my mascara? I was too lazy to set up the tripod and use the self-timer. Haha! You get the idea.

And the results after - clean and ok to my standards.


Here is the right side used without the guard. I'll admit, having the guard as a base helped to pull the lashes upward.

Cost: $1.50

Would I recommend this to a friend? Yes! Some gals have issues with applying mascara and this can help with a mess-free application. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the Daiso Mascara Guard! They don't sell it at the Daiso hee in Korea =(

Vanessa M. said...

hmmmm i tried this before and i didnt like it :(