Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Christian Siriano for VS Beauty

What a great way to end August and begin a new month by starting with something new and have been lemming over. ;) I know I said I had to get through my other make up before purchasing new make up, but I was at the mall and 'happened' to stop by VS to check out the new line from Christian Siriano & I indulged. Ok, ok, I know! But the display was looking bare and I had to snap up some goodies to try before they sold out!

The packaging is so luxe. Check out the insides of the boxes. I am tempted to NOT throw the boxes away and store the products back in the boxes. Haha!

I ended up getting the Bronzer/Highlighter Trio, Kajal Eye Liner in Eclipse and Silky Eyeshadow in Gilded Fierce.

I loved Christian in Project Runway and was interested in seeing what his vision for make up was. The video on www.victoriassecret.com had him applying some of the products on a model and being of course, being his cute quirky self.

Here are swatches of the product. Eclipse, the 3 shades of bronzer/highlighter and Gilded Fierce.

I haven't had a chance to use the Kajal Eye Liner, but I did use the bronzer/highlighter trio and Gilded Fierce at my birthday party last Saturday. The bronzer/highlighter is very light and very wearable for light to medium skin tones. Gilded Fierce was definitely a MUST for me to get. I love the combination of black and gold with eye makeup. The golden shimmer is fine and subtle and can be worn during the day. Layered, you can create a pretty smokey eye.

I'll be doing FOTD using these products again. Here's a quick pic from last Saturday before the debauchery went down.

No comments: