Tuesday, September 15, 2009

$12.99 Smashbox Bargains! Contour/Blush Cheek Set & Perfect Pout Lip Set

I am a sucker for spotting a good deal. Not only do I snag these for me, but my gal pals as well. ;) A couple of my girls have received these as prezzies from me! I do like Ulta, but not as much as I love Sephora, but there are some redeeming qualities to the store, like these $12.99 Smashbox finds! I picked up the Contour/Blush Cheek Set and Perfect Pout Lip Set. Each of these has a $49 retail value, so these are an exceptionally great deal.
I recently did a review on ELF Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder which had great color. The difference with this kit is that the blush in Pop is a cream blush. I was surprised at how light and natural the colors were. I'm not usually a fan of cream blush, but the texture is light and would actually do well on my skin during the fall/winter months. Just take a quick swipe of Pop with your fingertips & blend on the apples of your cheeks. The Contour is a light, matte powder that in my opinion, would provide a more natural contour than the ELF bronzing powder. This set also comes with a cute baby kabuki brush that is perfect for sweeping Contour on your cheeks.

The Perfect Pout Lip Set, you already know I had to get because it is a lippy! This set comes with the Perfect Pout Lip Brilliance trio compact, Palm Beach lip pencil and a deluxe sample size of O Gloss. I've already posted about O Gloss in my Smashbox Rapture Lipgloss Collection. The Lip Brilliance compact is slim and has a double ended, retractable lip brush that will fit perfectly in your pocket or in your clutch. These glosses are great on their own, but I would choose to pair these up with a liner since they are relatively sheer. The Palm Beach lip pencil is a pretty plum liner that compliments all of the glosses in this set and would work great on its own with just a clear gloss over it.

Smashbox is a brand that has been growing on me and I look forward to acquiring more products, especially value sets like these, in the near future! I appreciate when high end brands can provide affordable options. What's also great about Smashbox is that they are a cruelty-free brand and their packaging also meets the requirements of the SFI Program. :) A beauty brand that is a friend to animals & earth concious.

1 comment:

Blissey168 said...

omg! What a steal! The blush looks sooo pretty!