Saturday, August 8, 2009

FOTD: Lowe's Hardware & Mascara Review: wet n wild Lash Intense Mascara


I've been trying to get ready and out the door for the past 2 hours now. This is my going to Lowe's Hardware look FOTD. Haha! The pic above is what happens when you have too much sh*t and you try and cram it into one small closet. Organizational FAIL. Weightload observance hella FAIL. This woke me up at 5:30 AM. I thought I knocked my laptop off my bed, but surprise! It was my damn closet collapsed. Here I am on a gloomy Saturday afternoon trying to get it together and out the door to buy provisions to repair this mess. And yes, I will be doing this by myself. With plenty of advice from the help at the store of course. :) What a way to spend my Saturday.


What I used: (not all products listed are shown)
Face:
MAC Studio Fix in NC42
Too Faced Bronzing Powder in Sunny Bunny
MAC Mineralize Blush in Gleeful

Eyes:
Primed with Urban Decay Primer Potion
MAC Take Wing Eyes quad - Restless, Take Wing, Tickles, Bravado
Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero
wet n wild Lash Intense Mascara
Ardell Runway Lashes in Babies
Anastasia Brow Powder in Brunette (the lighter brown)

Lips:
NARS Turkish Delight






As you can see I'm just thrilled at what lies ahead of me for today. I think I'll go have a good meal before I tackle the rebuild.


The only time I can really wear this color. Otherwise it just looks like tamud sitting on my lips.


Mascara Review: wet n wild Lash Intense Mascara




What the website says: Brushes make all the difference with makeup application, especially with mascara! wet n wild's Lash Intense Mascara features a revolutionary dual-purpose applicator: the brush side wraps lashes from root to tip with a maximizing formula for intense drama; while the definer side combs each and every lash for optimum separation with a clump-free finish. The overall effect is perfectly voluptuous and long sculpted lashes!

Features
-Specially-engineered, high precision, volumizing brush and definer
-Sculpts lashes with optimum separation and maximum drama
-Coats even the hardest to reach lashes

I was drawn to the brush of this mascara and was hoping for great results, but have been slightly disappointed. The formula dries out relatively quickly which makes the product difficult to build. I have had this mascara for about 2 months and I'm ready to toss it. For about $3, I guess you get what you paid for, but I haven't been disappointed with other drugstore mascaras like Maybelline. Definitely not a repurchase for me.

2 coats on the top lashes. The gel consistency formula did grab on to my lashes well, but didn't really do much but darken them.


It didn't give me that wow factor after 2 coats and I couldn't really build up the product since it dried quickly and has a tendency to flake. It was worth a try, but I wouldn't buy this again, nor recommend this to you gals. Sorry wet n wild, you just didn't do it for me!

1 comment:

Blissey168 said...

hahahaha, I had no idea what "tamud" means, so I googled it. LOL!!! (yes, I now know what it means :p)
Isn't this color Kim Kardashian's fav too? I should try it... hmm...