Friday, October 3, 2008

Quick EOTD : Metallic Blue

Don't mind the ungroomed brows in this EOTD. This was done prior to the use of my beloved Anastasia Brow Kit! Haha! I think I have another EOTD that was pre-Anastasia. Anywho...I needed to do a quick look and wanted to use some new products that I have been sitting on for awhile. I was on my way out to a jewelry party and was rushing! I didn't buy any jewelry, but I did manage to consume 5 glasses of wine! Lush...

Nothing too dramatic! It was during the day and I didn't want to really put too much effort into it.


Products Used -

Face:
Silk Naturals Date Bait Finishing Powder
NARS Blush in Deep Throat

Eyes:
UDPP
NYX Jumbo Eyeshadow Pencil in Cottage Cheese as a base in the crease
Ooh la la! Eyeshadow in Midnight Madness
Metallic Blue Piggy from Ms. B - another one from the haul she sent a few months back
MAC Browshader in Soft Charcoal/Maple
Rimmel Glam'Eyes Mascara in Midnight Black x2 coats

Lips:
NARS Lipgloss in Orgasm

I spotted these Ooh la la! Eyeshadows a few months back at Rite Aid and had to get them because of the GRRRR! design on them! And for only $2.99, why not? I kept the blue one for me and sent Ms. B the green one, Emerald Escape, during one of our Seattle-Thailand swaps. She actually did a beautiful EOTD with it along with some other products I sent.
The shadow is pretty light which is why I paired it with the NYX Eyeshadow Pencil and the darker metallic blue pigment from Ms. B.
**Edit 10/4/08
I went back to Rite Aid to check and see what they had for the Ooh la la! selection and found out the names of the colors as well. There was one pink eyeshadow called Fuschia Frenzy which wasn't that great so I didn't grab it. The blushes they had were Sunkissed, Pink Panther and Bronzed Medallion. I grabbed the latter 2 of the blushes - 1 for me and 1 for Ms. B. Reviews on those later. And yes, these were still $2.99 a pop! There were 2 palettes, 1 eyeshadow & 1 lipgloss, but I wasn't impressed with those either.

I wish the spots were incorported in the actual pressed shadow, rather than just on the surface. Once you swipe the beautiful blue and silver cheetah design, its gone. :(


I know some of you ask about my contacts - Geo's Angel Circle Lens in Green. Ms. B - I found a green lense that doesn't look too scary! Too bad the Kiwi ones didn't look like this. I like to change up my eyecolor every now and then and love the doll eye look that circle lenses give. They appear more natural and are a far cry from the Fresh Looks I used to rock years ago that were just too opaque and didn't blend well.


I swiped the NYX Eyeshadow pencil on 2/3s of my lid before layering Midnight Madness over that. I then dabbed the metallic blue pigment on my outer-v and contour and blended. Gawd, my brows look horrible in this shot!

No comments: