Thursday, March 12, 2015

Naturalico Jump Rope


Advertorial


Who remembers jumping rope in elementary school?  We also had the American Heart Association 'Jump For The Heart' program in school and I wanted that sparkly jump rope prize.  I think I still have that rope at my parents house somewhere.  Fast forward to about 4 years ago, I began to crossfit was introduced to a speed rope jump rope and consecutive double unders.  OUCH! This definitely takes patience and practice to get down.  Naturalico sent me a rope to test out and I wanted to compare the 3 that I have used to compare.
Included are the rope, instructional card and carrying bag

Instructions are helpful! 
 The other ropes that I had purchased didn't come with instructions.  I had to rely on the coaches to help me get the rope sized correctly.  The instructions laid out a process to get you at a good length based on your height.
Measure twice, cut once.  Well in my case, I didn't have the right/sharp enough tools to cut the excess off after I measured.  You really need some strong wire cutters to get a clean cut before you cap off.

The extra length did not get in the way while I was jumping so its not too bothersome until I can get something to cut it.  I was able to do double unders with the same precision as the other ropes I have  (I'll have a video update of me jumping soon!).  I tested out singles and double unders indoors in my home and did not have any issues hitting the ceiling.  Watch out for floors though, especially if you have hardwood, you may need to put a mat under to protect.

Jumping rope is a great way to get cardio in and you can make it low impact with fast singles.  The trick to double unders is all about the wrist action and keeping your arms close to your body.  Also, listen for the distinct tap-tap sound as the rope hits the ground during the double revolution and use that sound to guide your hands to turn the rope.  This rope does hurt if you hit yourself.  It isn't pleasant and you really have to work to NOT get smacked.  I'm no pro and still get injured sometimes.

Overall I was very pleased with this rope and it is comparable to ones I paid twice the price for. What's also nice is there is a carrying bag!  I love products that have accompanying storage.  If you are interested in getting a speed rope, this is an affordable option.

Cost: $15.99 on Amazon and Prime is available

#jumpropecrossfit

This product was obtained through Tomoson.  I have not been monetarily compensated for this item. My write up of this product reflects my own opinion after a trial period and have provided an honest review.

No comments: