Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Xtava 5-in-1 Curling Iron


Advertorial

I have really been into my heated styling tools.  In the last 6 months I have acquired 3 different curling wands, but that's not going to stop me from trying new ones, especially when the opportunity is given to me!  I applied for the Xtava 5-in-1 Curling Iron via Tomoson and was sent one to try.




Its nice that everything fits in the bag!
  

What's included?  The base unit, 3 clip curling irons and 2 curing wands along with the travel bag and instruction booklet.  

First to test was the largest of the clip barrels.  You insert the barrel into the base unit and click over to the right to lock it in.  The arrow did not fully align under the lock sign, but felt secure.

Letting the unit heat up in my Hot Holster.  It takes about 2 minutes for the iron to be hot at maximum temperature.

While that was heating, I applied some CC Cream to my hair that has the function of heat protectant.  Important for my dry, colored hair.

Uggh, its clean clean, just messy.  I usually sleep with my hair wet and wake up like this.  There is some wave to my hair, it just looks unkept to me if I don't style.

You know how you hold the end of a clip curling iron when you are curling to help adjust over the hair and adjust the tension?  Well, I found out the hard way that these irons DO NOT have a cool tip.  I burned my middle and index fingers pretty badly.

I carried around an ice pack to ice my fingers throughout the day.  I work at a computer, so it was pretty painful the rest of the day.  :(

What's missing from this set - a heat protecting glove!  Thankfully I have a few and slipped this on right away after the unfortunate incident.  I still don't get how you can curl your hair WITHOUT touching the tip of the barrel.  Can someone advise?

My hair after.  I curled mainly the ends and did some wavier pieces on the front of my face.  Good to go and off to work!

The next wand to try the next day was the largest of the clip-less wands.  Looks similar in style to my round one.

Fun, loose waves.  I think if I took my time, I could had a bit more curl on the ends.

Next up was the middle clip curling iron.  
Even with my beanie, I needed to do something with my scraggly looking hair.
Better!  I again curled the ends and the front pieces so I looked more polished.  This was on Blue Friday too.  GO HAWKS!

Coming down to my least favorites from this set.  The smaller the wand, I know it is going to look more hot mess on me.

Nothing special about my hair here.  Washed it the day before and blow dried it.  
This was with 1/2" of hair wrapped.  Ummm, looks a little too kinky for me.  
So then I tried a bit more hair and it looked even worse.  Ugghh!  I think I need more practice.

Now last, the smallest of the clip curling irons.  Not too bad, but I don't see myself using this small of a curling iron.


Cost: $39 via Amazon and Prime is available

Pros:
-5 different tools in 1
-All items fit inside included case
-High temperature and is fully heated in 2 minutes

Cons:
-No heat resistant glove to protect your hand
-Curling irons do not have a non-heated tip
-Curling irons have varying tension

Overall:  This is a great set at an affordable price option.  Be aware that this does not come with a heat protecting glove, that which you will need to safely use this tool.


#curler5in1

This product was obtained through Tomoson.  I have not been monetarily compensated for this item. My write up of this product reflects my own opinion after a trial period and have provided an honest review.

No comments: