Friday, October 17, 2014

Removing Dark Nail Polish Stains

Smurf fingers after I removed Sinful Colors Why Not as featured in this post. I managed to get most of it off with just acetone, but there was still a tinge of blue left on my nail bed and skin.  While I did end up using a dark color after Why Not, I did give my nails some breathing time and didn't want to rock stained nails.

Love when I can find already tried methods!  Artifactgirl had a great post on Remove Dark Nail Polish Stains using toothpaste.  I opted to just do this in the sink and also scrubbed with a bit of body wash to remove the minty toothpaste.  


Still some traces of blue, but much improved!  I would have probably continued to scrub with acetone which isn't great for your nails.  The least amount of time exposed to chemicals, the better.  Cheap and easy enough for me!

No comments: