Monday, October 6, 2014

NuTika 32MM Curling Wand

One of my Maxxinista finds!  I've been wanting a wider curling wand and finally found one for a great deal.  This 32MM curling wand is from NuTika, described as, "...the younger, more colorful sister of NuMe Styling Products. NuTika brings the same quality & precision, but with a fresh twist!" I think this might be a sub-brand that NuMe phased out, that's why it was at T.J. Maxx and they don't have a separate website anymore.



This wand has 1 setting that heats up to 410 degrees Fahrenheit.
Comes with a hand protecting glove. 
I think I finally have it down now, but I do use the glove sometimes because I'm clumsy.  :(  Overall, I'm happy I found this curling wand and for a good price!  While I do not always agree with purchasing salon products from re-sellers that aren't salon certified, this doesn't count since NuTika (NuMe) is an independent brand and sells their items directly via their website.

How I curl and style my hair:
-Lightly spray hair all over with hairspray
-Pin up half your hair and curl the bottom half, then curl the top half
-Lightly mist hair again with hairspray and wait a couple minutes, then toss hair from side to side
-Spritz some sea salt spray to texturize and have more piecey waves

Just enough wave
Gah!  I wish my hair looked like this everyday!
Cost: $24.99 - T.J. Maxx find!

Pros:
-Heats up fast
-Comes with a heat protecting glove
-Swivel cord

Cons:
-Only 1 heat setting
-No protecting tip on end (careful not to burn your fingers!)

Would I recommend this to a friend:  YES!  I am impressed with this brand and the quality of the iron.  Groupon/Living Social sometimes has NuMe items, Ipsy also has promotions and if you follow NuMe on InstaGram, they will have flash sales.  I would love to get the pearl wand, but it looks like the only one on the website has the Euro plug.  :(  Womp, womp!  Maybe I'll come across it at T.J. Maxx!

No comments: