Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Natural Deodorant: Will it stop the stink and sweat?

I had tried Tom's and Trader Joe's brand of natural deodorants without success.  Still left with sweaty and stinky pits.  :\  I would really like to NOT use chemical laden deodorants, but those are the only ones that work.  I'm on the hunt, especially after reading this article on Lovelish, The Natural Deodorant Showdown! I would like to try the FatandtheMoon Deodrant Cream that was given a good review, but it is a cream.  I have to dip my fingers into the pot and rub my kili-kili.  Hmmm...do I want to do that?  Maybe.  I'll think about it.


I had also read about GEODEO, a natural deodorant and checked out the reviews on Drugstore.com and added it to my Amazon Wishlist.  Well, I didn't have to look very far, because they had it at my neighborhood Grocery Outlet.


What the website says:

Smell Great.  Tackle Toxins.

  • Island Scented Deodorant
  • Up to 24 Hour Protection
  • Naturally Derived
  • Invisible Solid
Dive into Deep Freshness
This product was specially formulated to be sustainable and 97% naturally derived.  The remaining 3% is essential to maintain effectiveness.  Up to 50% less emissions omitted and energy consumed.
No animal testing, harmful aluminums, sulfates, parabens, petrochemicals, dyes, phthalates.
Allergen-free.
Detox Complex™

  • Volcanic Minerals + Icelandic Algae Fights Impurities
  • Enzymes Neutralize Odors
  • Bamboo + Aloe Nourish Skin
  • Vitamin E Fights Free Radicals
Cost: $4.99 on Drugstore.com

Pros:
-Goes on clear
-Fresh scent
-Keeps some odor at bay (I don't think I could use this while working out and smell good!)
-Natural ingredients

Cons:
-Can feel sticky even after it dries
-Is not an anti-perspirant, will not keep wetness under control
-Can be difficult to locate in-store (I got lucky)

Think Dirty Rating:

Would I recommend this to a friend?  If you can find it in-store for a good price and do not have issues with fragrance, then yes.  If you are fine with ordering online and giving it a test run, you can find it on Drugstore.com.

The Unscented Geodeo had a better rating at a 3. Fragrance listed as an ingredient can be either natural or synthetic or even both. Pthalates can also potentially be found in fragrance. 

No comments: