Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Unboxing: September Ipsy Glam Bag - Street Style

I'll admit it, I peeked in my Glam Room to see what I got. Ha! I couldn't help it, when I logged on it was right there!  This month is dedicated to Street Style and from the looks of the Ipsy Stylists, they're rocking a lot of black and plaid.


I love this style of bag. Flat with a top zipper. I am still using the pink bag from July in my daily purse. I haven't used the cylindrical bag from August yet.  I thought it would fit my full sized brushes and be used for travel, but they don't fit.  Its kind of an awkward design to be carrying around in my purse.



What I got:

  • Crown Brush Infinity Shadow/Crease Duet Brush
  • NYX Hot Singles Eye Shadow in Rehab
  • Pacifica Natural Water-Proof Eye Pencil in Fringe
  • Briogeo Don't Despair Repair Deep Conditioning Mask
  • Cailyn Air Touch Tinted Lip Gloss in 09 Basic Instinct


Top-Bottom: Pacifica Liner, NYX Eyeshadow, Cailyn Lip Gloss

I swatched the shadow again on my middle finger, that is straight from the pan.

Products I loved: Cailyn Lip Gloss was like a soft, creamy lipstick that went on smooth.  The Crown Brush is great with the dual end.  Although I'm not a fan of storing dual ended brushes upright.  Which side do you choose to store downwards?  Ick. 

Products that were ok: Pacifica Eyeliner - the color is a nice deep brown, but wasn't something that wowed me.  

Products I didn't like: NYX shadow - it just wasn't as pigmented as I thought it was going to be.  I am going to try and layer over a shadow stick to make the color pop.

Haven't tried yet: Briogeo Deep Conditioning Mask.  I will soon!  After I get my hair done.

Overall:  3 full size items and 2 deluxe sample items.  Not bad!  I really do love the bag this month and will be switching out one of my bags in my purse for this one!

Looking at what else was offered this month, I would have liked the Alterna CC Cream or the LeeAnni 3-in-1 Revolution Light. 

What did you get in your September Glam Bag?

No comments: