Monday, September 15, 2014

Julep Mask Noir

Do you mask weekly?  I have to honestly say that I don't and it shows.  While my skin is relatively clear, I do get clogged pores, blemishes and my complexion has been lacking luster.  These have been attributed to the "lack of" in my life...better diet, exercise and enough rest.  Self-care is important and I try to do when I can on a weekly basis.

I have had Julep's Mask Noir just waiting for me to use and finally got the chance to try it a couple times.  The Beeb has tried it and I am having my Soul Sista try it out too because its fun!


What the website says:

Peel to reveal brighter, softer skin.

What it is:
An antioxidant-rich peel-off black mask that leaves skin smoother, brighter, and deeply hydrated.

What it does:

  • Kaolin clay absorbs excess oil.
  • Hectorite (a derivative of black volcanic ash) lifts away pore-clogging debris and dead skin cells.
  • Julep's exclusive Power Cell Complex blends the benefits of three age-defying, skin-boosting, ultra hydrating ingredients.
    • Rosehip seed oil delivers essential nutrients to soothe and repair.
    • Malvaceae Lipid Extract improves barrier function so skin retains moisture.
    • Green coffee bean oil invigorates skin & promotes cell turnover.
To use:
Apply generously in an even layer to clean, dry skin.  Avoid eyes, eyebrows, hairline, and lips.  Leave on for 15-20 minutes or until completely dry. Gently peel mask from outer edges, chin to forehead.  Rinse off any residue with warm water.  Follow with your favorite skin care routine.  Use 1-2 times per week.

Here is the routine:
Started off by cleansing with my Clarisonic Mia2, then applied the mask.  It is super thick and sticky.  You have to work fast to get it applied.


I let it dry for over 20 minutes.
Scary!
What was left after I peeled it off.  LOL at the soul patch.
I then followed up with my usual eye cream and moisturizer and mixed in some Fresh Seaberry Moisturizing Oil.

This was after the 2nd time trying the mask. Looking a little greazy, but my skin felt so good!

Cost: $32.00 ($26.50 Maven price)

Pros:
-Easy to use
-Skin felt so soft after

Cons:
-EXPENSIVE!

Would I recommend this to a friend:  No.  For such a small amount, it is an expensive purchase.  There were mixed reviews on the website and most said they would recommend.  I would like to test out some other masks that are similar and revisit if they compare, maybe at a different price point.  

No comments: