Friday, July 25, 2014

A new MLBB? NYX Butter Gloss in Tiramisu

Have seen other bloggers rave about NYX Butter Gloss and definitely have been lemming to get one in a natural shade.  I have been using Korres Mango Butter Lipstick in Natural Purple (shade not for sale anymore on the website :( ) for my go-to My Lips But Better (MLBB), but wanted to find something else that might work well.  Out of the colors left at my nearby Target, I chose Tiramisu.  There wasn't much of a selection left and most of the other glosses had been opened and tried.  Ick.  I wish there were better options for testers sometimes.  NYX's website describes this shade as 'Brown.'  Hmmm, I didn't think it was a brown, but maybe against my skin tone, its different than someone who is more fair.  Not quite an MLBB, but a definite nice pink, nude shade on me.


With flash on bare lips

Without flash on bare lips

Looks more pink-peach than brown against my skin
What the website says:

Buttery soft and silky smooth, our scrumptious new Butter Lip Gloss tastes as sweet as a sugar cookie - and makes your lips look downright luscious.  Swipe it on alone or over your favorite lipstick for creamy sheer to medium coverage that melts onto your lips and is never sticky.

Pros:  -Deals!  You can find this at Target, Ulta (coupons!) and other drugstores
          -Variety of shades
          -Smell and taste is yummy

Cons:  -Like all creamy lip colors, you have to make sure your lips are exfoliated well and moisturized.  My lips flaked after a few hours wearing and I had to remove the gloss and flakes and re-apply.

Cost: Under $5 at Target.

Would I recommend this to a friend?  YES, YES, YES!  I wish I had tried these sooner!  I saw that June's Ipsy bags had Butter Gloss and saw some great reviews.  I may end up picking up some other colors like Maple Blondie and Angel Food Cake.  I saw a review on NYX's website that I thought was cute and funny.

"But my reason for coming on here is to rave about the new shades they have; specifically nude shades for dark skin tones (think Gabriel Union and darker. YES, FINALLY! To be more specific, i'm talking about the shades Praline and Gingersnap. Thank you so much NYX for finally coming out with nude shades that actually are nude for darker girls like me. No more ashy, milky, "i just ate a powdered donut and put on lipgloss before cleaning my mouth" look. Please DO NOT DISCONTINUE! I repeat, DO NOT DISCONTINUE the shades Praline and Gingersnap :)"

Yay to beauty products that brown girls can wear and rave about and that are also affordable.  *clap!*clap!*clap!* Great job NYX!

No comments: