Tuesday, March 10, 2009

e.l.f. Translucent Matifying Powder

This was my first ELF Studio purchase a couple months back and I have to say this was a great pick! From the website, "Achieve even flawless skin that’s smoother, redefined and shine free. This translucent powder workson a wide variety of skin tones to help set your makeup in so it lasts longer. The silky lightweight formula also miraculously mattes skin to diminish oil and shine for a beautiful and healthy look!"




Very reminiscent of NARS compacts. I actually keep this compact in my car for those quick touch ups before heading to a work meeting or on my way out.


The color is fairly light and works well with my skintone right now. I don't know if this would work when I have my tan on during the summer, but we'll see! Overall, I like this product. My only gripe is the sponge. Bacteria city! I wish they would sell replacement sponges that fit in here. Does anyone know if any other brand fits?

One weird tidbit about me. I can't wash latex cosmetic sponges and reuse them on my face. Its not about a hygiene phobia, its more of an allergic reaction! I found out a few years ago that I would break out into a rash if I washed the MAC sponge in my Studio Fix. O_o Yes...strange. Ok EOM.

2 comments:

Vanessa M. said...

ive nver trie this before! greatreview!

Blissey168 said...

Yay! So happy to see you back in full swing (in terms of blog posting hehe). Good, I will check em everyday now that I'm stuck at home with my stupid broken foot -_-

I'll see you in less than a month! And yes, I got tons of stuff coming your way!