Friday, August 22, 2008

FOTD - Featuring Covergirl's Tropical Fusion Quad




















I saw this quad on (g)'s blog awhile back and had to have it! I picked up one for me and one for Miss B in BKK since we have been doing make-up swaps and some of the US drugstore brands are difficult to find in Thailand or they are really expensive. For CG? Really!? o_O I snagged these at Ulta for about $5. Well, I love bright colors for summer or evening and thought this quad would do great for a daytime look.



















The colors swatched here are without a base and done dry. They are quite light and have a light powder texture. I was hoping these would have more pigmentation, but they didn't. I do not think I will be purchasing any other CG eyeshadows anytime soon. These do show up well with a primer and base used, which I did do below, but the flash slightly washed them out and they appear more muted than they really were.


Products used:

Face:
Silk Natural's Date Bait Finishing Powder - I hate using foundation when its hot!
Too Faced Sunny Bunny Bronzer
NARS Blush in Deep Throat

Eyes:
Urban Decay's Eyeshadow Primer Potion
MAC Pigment in Provence - all over lid
CG Tropical Fusion Quad - peach color in the crease, teal in outer-v with royal blue layered on top and chartreuse in the inner corner.
MAC Browshader in Maple/Charcoal on the brows
MAC Fluidline in Blacktrack on upper lid
MAC Technakohl in Graphblack on the waterline
L'Oreal Telescopic Clean Definition Mascara x2 coats on upper and lower lashes

Lips:
NYX Lip Spa in Sake














1 comment:

(g)ezebel said...

oooo, it's very pretty on you!!! i can't remember if i used cream bases underneath because, like your hand swatch looks, i wanted a bit more color payoff.

LOL. i was just gonna say, "hey, i have that quad!!!"